When you live on an island, spending time on the beach beomes part of the fabric of life (otherwise why live on an island). Whidbey has so many beaches to explore. I've been here several years and barely scratched the surface. I guess once I discover places I really enjoy, I tend to go back to them by default (creature of habit syndrome). It also doesn't hurt that I have a beach yards from my back door here on Sandy Point.
Time suspends when I am on the beach, whether with my coho walking holding hands, sitting on driftwood together sipping a glass of wine, strolling aimlessly looking for cool shells, rocks, or beach glass, digging for clams with my daughter, or playing weird beach only games. No mention of swimming - water is a bit too chilly for my bones.
Knowing the cycle of the tides can be useful (especially for clamdigging, crabbing or if you want to take the 45 minute beachcomber stroll from Sandy Point to the Langley Marina.
So where are my favorite beaches on Whidbey. Will have to save for another post, but feel free to share yours in the mean time.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades